Science for Kids Spring Competition
The Science for Kids Spring Competition is open to students who are in third to sixth grade at any Bulgarian school and are keen on science and social studies. The young explorers will compete in a battle of knowledge and logic and will have the opportunity to show their skills in two individual rounds and one team round. The official language to be used at the competition will be Bulgarian.
Young Explorer Competition
The Science for Kids Spring Competition consists of two individual rounds and one team round for each of the two age categories: third to fourth grade and fifth to sixth grade.
The competition will take place on 1st April between 10 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. Entrants must appear at Izzi Science for Kids Private Secondary School (10, Angel Karaliychev St.) at 9:45 a.m. Breaks between rounds and lunch are provided.
- Theoretical stage: Children will be able to show their theoretical knowledge and its practical application in areas of study related to science and social studies.
The questions and challenges are based on what has been studied by the relevant age category.
- Lab activity: Children will also compete in the round of experiments carried out by the science teachers at Izzi Science for Kids, namely Nikola Karavasilev, Nasko Stamenov and Dimitar Zhelev, PhD.
- Participation in the team round is optional and does not affect the individual score.
- Each team will consist of 5 entrants in the relevant age category. Teammates can be from different schools.
- The teams will face exciting scientific challenges testing their teamwork skills, wit, and knowledge.
Judges and prizes
Performance of competition entrants will be judged by the science teachers at Izzi Science for Kids - Nikola Karavasilev, Nasko Stamenov and Dimitar Zhelev, PhD. Prizes will be awarded to those entrants who have delivered the best performance in the individual and team competition. Prizes will suit any young scientist.
No more applications are being accepted
Good luck to all young explorers!
With the support of: