Some Things About Us
It’s All About The Kids
Izzi Science for kids is a private school with a focus on science and a bilingual curriculum. The school is licensed by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science and in process of accreditation by Cambridge International.
The school follows Cambridge Primary and Secondary’s STREAM Curriculum. Our science teachers are professionals in their areas of study. Primary school teachers with extensive experience are those who are responsible for the kids’ lessons in the main subjects – mathematics and Bulgarian language and literature.
Their efforts are not only aimed at covering the Ministry of Education and Science’s requirements but to also help the kids develop logical thinking and abilities to solve more complex problems.
Izzi Science for Kids Private Primary School combines the best practices of the Bulgarian and British education systems in a safe and stimulating learner-centred environment tailored to assist and encourage proactive, confident and respectful students who are keen on science, core disciplines and art and to prepare them for the challenges in the global perspective.
Our vision is for young people:
- to be creative, energetic, and enterprising;
- to seize the opportunities offered by new knowledge and technologies;
- to grasp and develop the values, knowledge, and competencies that will enable them to live full and satisfying lives;
- to be confident, connected, actively involved lifelong learners.
- Critical Thinking
- Relationships With Others
- Communicating With Respect
"The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled."
Standards We Live By
- Safety is our first and foremost priority
- Students are at the centre of teaching and learning
- The Curriculum is engaging and challenging
- Learning is forward-looking and inclusive and focuses on competencies rather than just memorizing facts
The curriculum is led by the children’s innate curiosity. In the ages 5 to 13 years old they are exceptionally inquisitive about what happens in the world around us and why. It is of great importance to make use of this curiosity as an instrument in the study process and as a base that key competencies can be built upon.
- Excellence by aiming high and by persevering in the face of difficulties
- Innovation, inquiry, and curiosity by thinking critically, creatively, and reflectively
- Diversity as found in our different cultures, languages, and heritages
- Equity through fairness and social justice
- Community and participation for the common good
- Ecological sustainability which includes care for the environment;
- Integrity which involves being honest, responsible, accountable and acting ethically
- Respect themselves, others, and human rights.